COVID-19 (June 2)
The Ontario government, in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health, has released its Roadmap to Reopen, a three-step plan to safely and cautiously reopen the province and gradually lift public health measures based on the provincewide vaccination rate status and improvements in key public health and health care indicators.
The province will remain in each step for at least 21 days to evaluate any impacts on key public health and health system indicators. If at the end of the 21 days, the sequential set of following vaccination thresholds have been met, along with positive trends in other key public health and health system indicators, then the province will move to the next step.
You can view the full press release here.
For the most current provincial updates, click here.
The Chief Medical Officer of Health rescinded Directive #2 for Health Care Providers effective May 19, 2021. Non-urgent and non-emergent surgeries and procedures may be gradually resumed by health-care providers and health-care entities who were subject to the Directive.
Public Health Ontario has released revised Interim Guidance for Infection Prevention and Control of SARS-CoV-2 Variants of Concern for Health Care Settings (April 2021). You can access the document here.
You can continue to stay informed on Ontario’s vaccine distribution plan here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/getting-covid-19-vaccine-ontario#phase-2. CDHO has also posted information for dental hygienists by public health unit here: https://www.cdho.org/my-cdho/practice-advice/covid-19/covid-19-vaccination.
Staying safe in practice takes more than following infection prevention and control guidelines when treating clients. Follow Public Health Ontario guidance in the workplace, including maintaining social distance and using face coverings when social distancing is a challenge. It’s equally important to remain vigilant in times before and in-between clients, when interacting with colleagues, and during break periods. It’s during these times, when not focusing on client care, an individual may potentially let their guard down and become vulnerable. ODHA wants you and your workplace to remain safe and healthy.
ODHA understands the anxieties you may be experiencing, and we are committed to do what is in our capacity to help Ontario dental hygienists work in a safe environment and reconnect with clients and colleagues. We continue to encourage you to use your member benefit Legal-Line for FREE legal advice.
The following programs are available:
COVID-19 Worker Income Protection Benefit provides employees with up to three days of paid leave for reasons related to COVID-19.
Canada Recovery Benefit providing $500 weekly for 26 weeks this benefit is for individuals (including those self-employed) whose income has been reduced by at least 50%.
Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit providing $500 per week for up to two weeks for Canadians who are sick or in self-isolation due to COVID-19
Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit providing $500 per week for no more than 26 weeks when someone is forced to remain at home to care for:
- a child or family member who is ill or in quarantine, or
- a child under 12 or family member normally at school, daycare or a care home that is closed due to COVID-19.
ODHA – We’re Here for You
Service to our members is of paramount importance. ODHA has been providing ongoing email broadcasts on the pandemic and through this dedicated COVID-19 page on the ODHA website. The frequency of page updates is determined by changes in the progress of the pandemic. Resources will be added as information is provided to the ODHA office.
ODHA will continue to keep members updated through email broadcasts (which will also be posted) and current information added to the ODHA website. We encourage you to check the added resources link for new and emerging information. At a time when many will take advantage of the uncertainty, ODHA will continue to provide evidence-informed and balanced advice and information.
COVID-19 Email Updates
- May 19 2021 – COVID-19 update: Chief Medical Officer of Health Directive #2
- April 29 2021, COVID-19 update: Ontario to introduce COVID-19 leave
- April 22 2021, COVID-19 update: Directive #2, revised PHO guidelines, and more
- April 19,2021 – COVID-19 update
- April 7, 2021 – New, free IPAC video, plus COVID-19 update
- February 12, 2021 – COVID-19: Vaccine distribution update & Webinar
- January 14, 2021 – COVID-19: Work as a team
- January 13, 2021 – COVID-19: Vaccine prioritization, webinar, and more
- January 11, 2021 – Ontario vaccine prioritization update
- December 8, 2020 – Vaccine advocacy for Ontario dental hygienists
- December 4, 2020 – New webinar on aerosol transmission & Surveys
- November 25, 2020 – Provincial and employment update & COVID-19 impact survey
- November 4, 2020 – New framework and practice reminders
- October 15, 2020 – Recent cases in dental service settings
- September 10, 2020 – PIDAC recommendations
- July 8, 2020 – Chief Medical Officer of Health memo
- June 26, 2020 – CDHO Council meeting update & Updated fee guide
- June 12, 2020 – Weekly update & Webinar: The evolution in viral control
- June 9, 2020 – Provincial update, IPAC guidelines, Health Canada recall, plus more
- June 5, 2020 – Addressing RCDSO and CDHO return to practice guidelines
- June 1, 2020 – Updated RCDSO guidelines
- May 28, 2020 – Directive 2, workplace considerations, liability insurance, and more
- May 22, 2020 – Just released: CDHO return to practice guidelines
- May 20, 2020 – Return to practice resource & Expansion of CEBA
- May 15, 2020 – Returning to practice – Guiding principles
- May 14, 2020 – Ontario government updates & PPE supplier directory
- May 12, 2020 -Respirator advisory & Financial impact survey
- April 27, 2020 – Framework for reopening the economy across Ontario
- April 22, 2020 – COVID-19 Funding for students & Caring for pets fact sheet
- April 17, 2020 – Provincial update & Fraudulent N95 respirator alert
- April 16, 2020 – CERB ongoing application process
- April 2, 2020 – Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- March 31, 2020 – Provincial updates
- March 31, 2020 – Employment resources, Piccolo Heath LLP
- March 27, 2020 – Federal government update & RDH View webcast
- March 26, 2020 – Travellers urged to self isolate & Starling Minds
- March 24, 2020 – Ontario Human Rights Commission & CAMH
- March 23, 2020 – Donating personal protective equipment & Self-assessment tool
- March 20, 2020 – Employment insurance & Maternity leave
- March 18, 2020 – Canadian government announces $82 billion economic package
- March 17, 2020 – EI & Legal-line member benefit
- March 16, 2020 – RCDSO and CDHO recommendations & EI
COVID-19 Additional Resources