Since January 23rd, 2020, the ODHA has been providing information and sharing helpful resources to assist members during these challenging times.
Council of Chief Medical Officers of Health Communication
The Council of Chief Medical Officers of Health Communication has released a statement on the use of non-medical masks (or facial coverings) by the public.
Questions and Answers about COVID‑19
The Canadian Medical Association, along with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the College of Family Physicians of Canada has launched a website to answer your questions about COVID-19.
Fake news about COVID-19 is running rampant, distinguish the real from the fake. Supported by financial assistance from the Government of Canada, the Fédération professionnelle des journalistes du Québec (FPJQ) and the Agence Science-Presse (ASP) have launched a joint project – COVID-19:Dépister la désinfo/Track the facts. New content will be posted daily on the FPJQ website and on social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Reddit
ODHA encourages dental hygienists to routinely check for updates to the CDHO COVID-19 page.
ODHA continues to participate in the Ministry of Health Emergency Operations Centre’s daily updates.
- Government of Canada’s Novel coronavirus infection frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Government of Ontario’s general COVID-19 website
- Public Health Ontario website
- The Ontario Ministry of Health’s website for health-care professionals
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) situation summary
- The World Health Organization (WHO) situation reports
- Johns Hopkins global coronavirus map
- Aerosol and surface stability of SARS-CoV-2 as compared with SARS-CoV-1
- Characteristics of and important lessons from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak in China
- Clinical features of the first cohort of patients diagnosed with the novel coronavirus
- Coronavirus COVID-19 impacts to dentistry and potential salivary diagnosis
- Coronavirus disease 19 (COVID-19) – Implications for clinical dental care
- Coronavirus infections – More than just the common cold
- COVID-19 – Emerging and future challenges for dental and oral medicine
- Early transmission dynamics
- Emergence of genomic diversity and recurrent mutations in SARS-CoV-2
- Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of 99 cases of 2019 novel coronavirus pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a descriptive study
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of surveillance and containment measures for the first 100 patients with COVID-19 in Singapore — January 2–February 29, 2020
- Guidelines for dental care provision during the COVID-19 pandemic
- High expression of ACE2 receptor of 2019-nCoV on the epithelial cells of oral mucosa
- NIH study validates decontamination methods for re-use of N95 respirators
- Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV): Where are we now, and where should we be going?
- Novel coronavirus structure reveals targets for vaccines and treatments
- Optimization of N95 respirator masks during supply shortages – round-up
- People ‘shed’ high levels of coronavirus, study finds, but most are likely not infectious after recovery begins
- Persistence of coronaviruses on inanimate surfaces and their inactivation with biocidal agents
- Possible aerosol transmission of COVID-19 and special precautions in dentistry
- Presenting characteristics, comorbidities, and outcomes among 5700 patients hospitalized with COVID-19 in the New York City area
- Pre-treatment mouth rinses for dental patients with suspected SARS or COVID-19: Clinical effectiveness and guidelines
- Projecting the transmission dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 through the postpandemic period
- Quantifying SARS-CoV-2 transmission suggests epidemic control with digital contact tracing
- Saliva: Potential diagnostic value and transmission of 2019-nCoV
- The impact of the COVID-19 epidemic on the utilization of emergency dental services
- COVID-19 pandemic unlikely to ebb as weather warms
- Transmission routes of 2019-nCoV and controls in dental practice
Fact sheets are available on Public Health Ontario’s website.