The following links are provided to share helpful resources that may assist members in maintaining overall wellness during these challenging times.
- CAMH – Mental health and the COVID-19 pandemic
- CDC – Stress and coping
- Canadian Mental Health Association’s tips to manage mental health during COVID-19
- Meditation: In depth
- Mental Health Commission of Canada’s resource hub for mental health/wellness
- Ontario Ministry of Health’s resources for Ontarians experiencing mental health and addictions issues during the pandemic fact sheet
- Ontario Ministry of Health’s talking to children about the pandemic fact sheet
- Shoppers Drug Mart’s free access to mental health program to help Canadians coping with stress
- Starling Minds
- Stronger Minds by BEACON
- WellCan – Resources for Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic
- WHO – Coping with stress during outbreak fact sheet
- WHO – Helping children cope with stress during outbreak fact sheet
- GoodLife Fitness is offering free online workouts for members
- Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre is offering daily virtual fitness classes for free during the COVID outbreak
Free online learning resources
- Canadian Geographic Education online classroom (grades K – 12)
- HSBC Family Literacy First – Free program to bring parents and children together to practice family literacy
- Mind Control: Managing your mental health during COVID-19 – Launched on the Coursera platform by Steven Joordens, a psychology professor at the University of Toronto Scarborough, to help participants manage their mental health while dealing with increased isolation and loss of normal professional interactions.
- The science of well-being – Offered by Yale University on the Coursera platform and designed to help participants increase happiness and build more productive habits.