Preparing to Return to Practice Resources
The College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario released updated guidelines for returning to practice, May 27, 2020.
The College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario (CDHO), the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO), The College of Denturists of Ontario (CDO), and the College of Dental Technologists of Ontario (CDTO) have released ‘return to practice principles’ which provides an agreed upon foundation for the development or refinement of each College’s IPAC guideline as oral health-care providers plan and prepare for a safe return to practice.
Workplace Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Supplier Directory
The Ontario government’s Workplace PPE Supplier Directory is a current list of Ontario companies that are ready to supply personal protective equipment. Dental hygienists might find this a valuable resource if they are trying to access PPE outside their regular supply chain.
Additional PPE Resources
As dental hygienists prepare to return to practice in Ontario, there may be a need to access personal protective equipment (PPE) that is safe, effective and complies with Health Canada safety regulations. ODHA is providing the following resources for general information purposes only and does not endorse or recommend any of the products or businesses listed below. These suppliers are offering their products after contacting ODHA directly, or dental hygienists have sent the information to ODHA. As regulated health professionals, dental hygienists are expected to exercise due diligence with the equipment they use.
- Rapid Response Platform – Platform connects suppliers of critical COVID-19 products with businesses and front-line workers in need. The site is free to use and acts as a central supply and demand hub, offering transparent and searchable information about PPE availability. Suppliers may offer products for donation or sale. No transactions take place on the platform.
- Canadian Linen and Uniform Service Co – Barrier gown rental laundry service
Rob Eisan, P: 519.686.5000, C: 519.902.4884
- Fortiva Health – NIOSH N95 Respirators (Makrite: 910-N95FMX and 9500-N95)
Dr. Rebecca Sharif, P: 416.846.3006
- Grainger Canada – Face shields
- Henry Schein
- Ideal Displays Inc. – Masks, face shields, gloves, hand sanitizer
- Marks Commercial – Masks, face shields, hand sanitizer
Phone: 1-855-592-7444, email: [email protected]
- Maxill – Masks, gloves, hand sanitizer
- Second Barrier – Face shields
- Shield Savvy – Face shields
- SSECare Solutions – Masks, face shields
- The Canadian Shield – Face shields
- The Dental Market Canada – Masks, face shields, gloves, hand sanitizer
- Whitebird – Face shields, gloves, hand sanitizer
- LEO Lab – 3D printed Health Canada approved face shields (see images below). Phone: 1-647-494-0488, Toll Free: 1-855-LEO-LAB1 (536-5221)