Registration and Breakfast begins at 8:00 a.m.
Join us for an in-depth review of the new periodontal classifications, how they guide our treatment recommendations, and what other factors influence client treatment outcomes. New oral systemic research is emerging and it is necessary to find new ways to motivate, educate and inspire our clients to improve their periodontal health. Dental hygienists are the initiators of this transformation. The new AAP periodontal classifications encourage us to expand our assessment strategies and explore the difference between biofilm and non-biofilm induced gingivitis. Kerry will help you understand the new staging and grading guidelines for periodontal disease. Using client cases, we will navigate and summarize the new periodontal classifications.
- Discuss the new AAP classification
- Explain why we need to consider risk factors in disease classification
- Increase your ability to identify the four new peri-implantitis classifications
- Improve awareness of the significance of reviewing medical and family history before our clients receive oral care.
- Understand how the classification guidelines can help with your Dental Hygiene Process of Care (ADPIE).
Kerry Lepicek, RDH is a highly focused and engaging presenter with over a decade of experience using an interceptive and preventive approach to treating periodontal disease, peri-implantitis, halitosis, and caries. Her focus is on educating her clients and the dental profession on health and wellness. She is a published author and has lectured locally and internationally, and has been featured in the Dental Hygiene Quartely.