Registration and Breakfast begins at 8:00 a.m.
Date: Friday October 25, 2019
Location: Avani Event Centre, 8400 Jane Street Vaughan
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Welcome and resources
- CDHO standards of practice
- ODA and CDHO treatment time document
- Staging and grading periodontitis
- Three steps to staging and grading a patient
Knock, Knock. Who’s There?
Your Next Client. Are You Clinically Ready to Treat Them?
Join us as we take a deep dive into how the clinical dental hygienist must meet the needs of our rapidly changing clients. Are you aware of the AAP Periodontal Classifications and how to implement them? A focus on implementation of systems designed for optimal client outcomes and the leverage of innovations to elevate the client experience will be presented. We know if our clients can’t change their habits, perhaps it’s time to change their tools.
Learn how to coach and raise your professional knowledge for the diverse clients coming to your operatory. Be better prepared to treat clients with understanding and a solid grasp on the oral implications of the trends taking place today.
Jennifer will provide an in-depth review of the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario’s Standards of Practice and how this impacts dental hygienists. Together, she will go through the standards step by step to ensure you are complying and your treatment plans reflect the changes seen by today’s client.
She will review the benefits of using instrument kits designed for specific client types as well as taking a closer look at sharpening protocols that should be implemented into your practice.
This interactive seminar will be presented using case scenario’s, video’s on current trends, group activities and ultimately better prepare you for the next knock on your operatory door!
- Apply a systematic approach to ensure the dental hygienist’s professional responsibility to the client prevails by maintaining the CDHO’s Standards of Practice.
- Review the AAP Periodontal Classifications and learn implementation techniques that can be used on your next working day.
- Incorporate appropriate treatment systems and protocols for a wide demographic of clients.
- Increase your ability to further impact your clients with education, science and technology.
- Use a variety of critical thinking skills to anticipate and solve client related clinical situations.
Jennifer Turner, RDH, BSc, has built her reputation in the dental hygiene world as a natural leader by her shear professionalism and leadership. Jennifer is the Director of Dental Hygiene Programs at dentalcorp, the largest DSO in Canada and is a Platinum Mastermind Coach with Delivering Wow. Jennifer is a Past President & Council Member for the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario and a former Director of Dental Hygiene Practice for the Canadian Dental Hygienists Association, an Award-Winning Professor, Professional Speaker, Key Opinion Leader and Author. Jennifer has worked with numerous practices across Canada supporting them with change management, implementing clinical systems to enhance and support optimal client care. Jennifer has been described as energetic, knowledgeable, dynamic speaker and has a true passion for the dental hygiene profession.