Registration and Breakfast begins at 8:00 a.m.
Date: Friday October 19, 2018
Location: Mississauga Convention Centre – 75 Derry Rd. W, Mississauga
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Implant Survival: It’s in Your Hands!
The fastest growing area of dentistry is implantology. We know that dental implants have a high success rate, but complications can and do occur. Are you prepared to identify the signs and symptoms of implant failure?
This interactive seminar will arm you with the latest research and tools you need to educate your clients on the importance of maintenance and self-care to protect their implants and investment. The majority of the responsibility for maintaining implants is assigned to the dental hygienist and the client. Creating a preventive partnership will dramatically increase the success of their implants and your practice.
Take-home tools and skills:
- Learn to take AIM – Assess, Identify and Monitor – as a critical part of implant care.
- Examine risk factors that can affect the success of implants and how to detect early problems such as implantitis.
- Understand the implications of implant-induced caries.
- Using an evidence-based approach and case studies, address why implants fail.
- Review implant maintenance protocols and how to develop a self-care program with systems and products to help combat implant failure.
ANNA LOUISE TOLAN, RDH, FADIA. A clinician, educator and lecturer, Anna Louise has three decades of dental hygiene practice, specializing in advanced non-surgical periodontal therapy, dental implant therapy and the medically compromised client. She received her Fellowship from the Association of Dental Implant Auxiliaries and serves on advisory committees as a key opinion leader. Her passion and expertise in using evidence-based protocols in the process of care makes her a popular instructor and guest speaker at dental hygiene societies, study clubs and dental groups including the ODHA Re-energize Conference.